Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
- Romania: Floods - Mar 2001
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- 220,000 children threatened by mines and other explosive weapons in eastern Ukraine - UNICEF
- Сonflict-affected Ukrainians struggle through a fourth winter of uncertainty [EN/UK]
- Ukraine: Caring for villagers trapped near frontlines in Opytne
- Interview: Head of UN OCHA in Ukraine speaks about humanitarian situation in the country
- With Winter Coming, UN Migration Agency Helps Families in Eastern Ukraine Survive
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Tracking food security trends in vulnerable countries
The Global Food Security Update provides a quarterly overview of key food security trends in vulnerable countries. Information is provided by WFP VAM field teams and partners.
• Conflict in Yemen is causing increasing food insecurity.
As of June, at least 6 million people are facing Emergency (IPC Phase 4) food insecurity. Millions more could easily fall into the emergency conditions unless a political solution is found quickly.
FIRST-EVER STUDY OF HIV TREATMENT POLICIES IN 23 COUNTRIES
MSF releases report SPEED UP SCALE-UP presenting policy ‘dashboard’