Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ursula Mueller, Statement to the media at the Conference on the Humanitarian Situation in Eastern Ukraine and the Way Forward, 28 February 2018
- Ukraine Humanitarian 2018 Situation Report #1, February 2018
- WHO calls on partners to respond to the health and humanitarian needs of Ukrainians
- Four years of conflict in Ukraine leave 4.4 million people in dire humanitarian situation [EN/UK]
- Ukraine: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 27 February 2018) [EN/RU/UK]
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Tracking food security trends in vulnerable countries
The Global Food Security Update provides a quarterly overview of key food security trends in vulnerable countries. Information is provided by WFP VAM field teams and partners.
• Conflict in Yemen is causing increasing food insecurity.
As of June, at least 6 million people are facing Emergency (IPC Phase 4) food insecurity. Millions more could easily fall into the emergency conditions unless a political solution is found quickly.
FIRST-EVER STUDY OF HIV TREATMENT POLICIES IN 23 COUNTRIES
MSF releases report SPEED UP SCALE-UP presenting policy ‘dashboard’