Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Сonflict-affected Ukrainians struggle through a fourth winter of uncertainty [EN/UK]
- Ukraine: Caring for villagers trapped near frontlines in Opytne
- Ukraine’s efforts to stop measles outbreak continue as case total increases
- Interview: Head of UN OCHA in Ukraine speaks about humanitarian situation in the country
- Ukraine: Public Expenditure Tracking Survey / Quantitative Service Delivery Survey (PETS/QSDS)
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
On estime que 15,8 millions de personnes sont désormais sous traitement contre le VIH, soit deux fois plus qu’il y a cinq ans, tandis que les pays adoptent la Stratégie d’accélération à l’aide de données permettant d’affiner la prestation des services de prévention et de traitement du VIH afin d’atteindre les personnes laissées pour compte
Countries adopt UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy to double number of people on life-saving HIV treatment by 2020
An estimated 15.8 million people are now on HIV treatment, a doubling from five years ago, as countries adopt the UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy using data to fine-tune delivery of HIV prevention and treatment services to reach people being left behind
The IASC Alert, Early Warning and Readiness report is produced bi-annually as an inter-agency effort by the Task Team on Preparedness and Resilience (TTPR) for IASC member agencies. The report highlights serious risks that were either identified as being of particular strategic operational concern or as having a high probability and impact on humanitarian needs. In addition to collaboratively assembling the report, the report includes an analysis of the state of readiness, prepared by OCHA, which is compared against each risk.
Tracking food security trends in vulnerable countries
The Global Food Security Update provides a quarterly overview of key food security trends in vulnerable countries. Information is provided by WFP VAM field teams and partners.
• Conflict in Yemen is causing increasing food insecurity.
As of June, at least 6 million people are facing Emergency (IPC Phase 4) food insecurity. Millions more could easily fall into the emergency conditions unless a political solution is found quickly.
FIRST-EVER STUDY OF HIV TREATMENT POLICIES IN 23 COUNTRIES
MSF releases report SPEED UP SCALE-UP presenting policy ‘dashboard’
30 NOVEMBER 2011 ¦ GENEVA -- Global progress in both preventing and treating HIV emphasizes the benefits of sustaining investment in HIV/AIDS over the longer term. The latest report by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and UNAIDS "Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Response" indicates that increased access to HIV services resulted in a 15% reduction of new infections over the past decade and a 22% decline in AIDS-related deaths in the last five years.