Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Romania: Floods - Mar 2001
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- People in eastern Ukraine face harsh winter as humanitarian funding falls short [EN/UK/RU]
- Amid Increased Civilian Deaths, Planned Separatist Elections in Eastern Ukraine, Renewed Talks Key to End Fighting, Top Political Official Tells Security Council
- Ukraine: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 12 November 2018) [EN/RU/UK]
- Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), based on information received as of 19:30, 15 November 2018
- Ukraine: Humanitarian Dashboard - January - September 2018
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.