- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
- Insecurity has reduced local population access to crops this growing season, resulting in a highly dependent market population to meet food gaps.
- Kenya has restricted food exports to South Sudan, causing markets to become heavily dependent on supply routes from Uganda.
- Insecurity in the western part of the state, coupled with the depreciation of the South Sudanese Pound (SSP), has reduced traders’ ability to finance and transport large-scale supplies to the market despite increased demand.
On July 8th, the eve of South Sudan’s Independence Day, fighting broke out in Juba between armed factions of the Governmentled SPLA, and the former opposition SPLAIO.
Over the following weeks, fighting spread to other towns and villages throughout the Greater Equatoria region, leading to the displacement of thousands of people from their homes, many to neighbouring countries.
CONTEXTE GENERAL DU CLUSTER ABRI D’URGENCE EN RCA
En Novembre 2011, le Coordonnateur Humanitaire a demandé officiellement à l’UNHCR d’assumer la gestion du cluster1 abri; L’UNHCR a répondu positivement à cette requête en le transformant en cluster d’abri d’urgence pour la RCA et recadrant l’attention du cluster sur les besoins en termes d’abris des populations déplacées. Le renouvellement du cluster a été positivement accueilli par la communauté humanitaire.