Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- WHO Director General and Regional Director for Africa laud Uganda on Ebola outbreak operational readiness
- Highlights of the Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Uganda: Update #10 (14 August 2018)
- Marked for demolition? Ugandans on pipeline route fear land loss
- Ebola: Health ministry issues alert
- Ebola virus disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo – Operational readiness and preparedness in neighbouring countries - Disease outbreak news, 9 August 2018
This summary outlines the main findings of the newly updated country profile on internal displacement in Uganda. The profile was prepared by the Global IDP Project of the Norwegian Refugee Council, which monitors and analyses internal displacement in over 50 countries worldwide. The full country profile is available from the Project's Database (www.idpproject.org), or upon request by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
GENEVA, 18 December 2003 - Uganda's donors should insist that the government protect the 1.4 million internally displaced people, or IDPs, who have been uprooted by the fighting between government forces and the rebel Lord's Resistance Army in the north of the country, concludes a report published by the Norwegian Refugee Council's Global IDP Project today.
Uganda's 17-year civil conflict entered a new phase in mid 2002 when the Ugandan army launched Operation Iron Fist and entered southern Sudan with the objective of finally wiping out the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).
The Global IDP Database of the Norwegian Refugee Council has now updated its country profile on internal displacement in Uganda. A summary is presented below. The Database and the country profile can be accessed at www.idpproject.org, or the complete profile can be sent to you by e-mail on request (email@example.com).