- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
This document collates and primarily analyzes available information on key child protection issues from a compilation of reports.
This is the eighth Protection Trends report prepared by the South Sudan Protection Cluster (PC) in close collaboration with Child Protection, SGBV and Land Mines and Explosive Remnants of War sub-clusters, and other protection actors.
The report provides an overview of the protection situation highlighting the main threats to civilians that have caused displacement, and describes trends on issues reported and observed in the second and third quarters of 2016 (1 April through 30 September).
IDMC reported 27.8 million new incidents of internal displacement worldwide in 2015. The figure, however, only includes those associated with conflict and rapid-onset disasters. It does not cover people forced from their homes by development projects and slow-onset disasters, making it a significant underestimate of the overall phenomenon.
This report is the seventh in a series of Protection Trends papers prepared by the South Sudan Protection Cluster in close collaboration with the three sub-clusters and other protection actors. After providing an overview of the protection situation, the paper discusses trends on issues reported and observed in the first quarter of 2016 (1 January through 31 March), including forced displacement and population movements, threats against children, gender-based violence, and landmines and explosive remnants of war.