- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Press release 56/2017 27 March 2017
By decision of Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Kai Mykkänen, Finland’s humanitarian aid will amount to EUR 61.4 million, of which approximately EUR 20 million will be channelled to the famine-hit countries in the Horn of Africa and to Nigeria and Yemen.
Finland grants EUR 61.9 million in humanitarian aid to the most severe crisis areas in the world. On 17 March, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Lenita Toivakka decided that aid will be granted to, for example, Syria and its neighbouring areas, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Ethiopia and Yemen.
Press Release 83/2015 16 March 2015
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
On Thursday 18 July, by the decision of the Minister for International Development, Heidi Hautala, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted 70,000 euros in humanitarian assistance for refugees from the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Uganda. The assistance will be channelled through the Finnish development cooperation organisation Fida International.
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Press release 239/2012
By decision of Minister for International Development Heidi Hautala, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted its humanitarian assistance funds for the last part of the year, totalling 9.46 million euros, to people suffering from the world’s crises. The humanitarian assistance granted by Finland in 2012 thus rises in total to more than 83 million euros. In the distribution of funds this autumn, the humanitarian assistance targets Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted EUR 700,000 of emergency assistance through the Finnish Red Cross to the areas of Eastern and Northern Africa affected by severe flooding. The emergency appeal launched by the UN amounts to EUR 60 million, in addition to which the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, IFRC, have launched an appeal totalling EUR 12 million.
The floods are a result of unusually heavy and persistent rain. In Eastern Africa, the worst-hit countries include Ethiopia, Sudan and Uganda.
Press release 320/2006
The Presidency of the European Union welcomes the signature, on 26 August, of an Agreement on Cessation of Hostilities between the Government of Uganda and the Lord's Resistance Army.
The EU has always advocated a peaceful resolution of the conflict in Northern Uganda and therefore supports the peace talks between the two parties currently being held in Juba under the auspices of the Government of Southern Sudan.
Press Release 43/2004