Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
GIDAN GIMBA, NIGERIA — The health programs of The Carter Center have surpassed a major milestone: The organization on Nov. 4 celebrated assisting with the distribution of 500 million doses of donated medication to combat five neglected tropical diseases in 14 countries in Africa and Latin America.
Carter Center Preliminary Statement on Voter Registration Process for the Southern Sudan Referendum
In Sudan: Sanne van den Bergh +249 911 714 041
In Atlanta: Deborah Hakes +1 404 420 5124
In a statement issued today, The Carter Center reported that although the voter registration for the Southern Sudan Referendum on self-determination faced several logistical, procedural, and security challenges, the process was generally credible and represents a strong step toward the successful conduct of the referendum.
Aug. 19, 2010
In the early 1990s, fear dominated the community of Jawe parish, found in Mbale district, Uganda. The Jawe clan's neighboring parishes, Buryango and Bulweta, were being plagued by an unknown ailment that attacked a person's skin and eyes. The disease left its victims unable to care for themselves or their families.
At a community meeting in 1993, parish member Edirisa Wangwenyi told the attendees about the disease that was attacking their neighbors.
ATLANTA, GA....Representatives from the Government of Uganda and the Government of Sudan met at The Carter Center in Atlanta July 17-19 to assess progress toward implementing the December 1999 Nairobi Agreement calling for the restoration of diplomatic relations between their two countries.
Nairobi, Kenya - The following statement is issued by the delegation leaders, Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, minister in charge of the presidency, Uganda, and Ali Numeiri, minister of state in the Ministry of External Relations, Sudan.
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, Dec.
Contact: Deanna Congileo, Wednesday, Dec. 8, 1999
Windsor Golf and Country Club, Phone: 254 2 862300