- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
GIDAN GIMBA, NIGERIA — The health programs of The Carter Center have surpassed a major milestone: The organization on Nov. 4 celebrated assisting with the distribution of 500 million doses of donated medication to combat five neglected tropical diseases in 14 countries in Africa and Latin America.
Carter Center Preliminary Statement on Voter Registration Process for the Southern Sudan Referendum
In Sudan: Sanne van den Bergh +249 911 714 041
In Atlanta: Deborah Hakes +1 404 420 5124
In a statement issued today, The Carter Center reported that although the voter registration for the Southern Sudan Referendum on self-determination faced several logistical, procedural, and security challenges, the process was generally credible and represents a strong step toward the successful conduct of the referendum.
Aug. 19, 2010
In the early 1990s, fear dominated the community of Jawe parish, found in Mbale district, Uganda. The Jawe clan's neighboring parishes, Buryango and Bulweta, were being plagued by an unknown ailment that attacked a person's skin and eyes. The disease left its victims unable to care for themselves or their families.
At a community meeting in 1993, parish member Edirisa Wangwenyi told the attendees about the disease that was attacking their neighbors.
ATLANTA, GA....Representatives from the Government of Uganda and the Government of Sudan met at The Carter Center in Atlanta July 17-19 to assess progress toward implementing the December 1999 Nairobi Agreement calling for the restoration of diplomatic relations between their two countries.
Nairobi, Kenya - The following statement is issued by the delegation leaders, Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, minister in charge of the presidency, Uganda, and Ali Numeiri, minister of state in the Ministry of External Relations, Sudan.
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, Dec.
Contact: Deanna Congileo, Wednesday, Dec. 8, 1999
Windsor Golf and Country Club, Phone: 254 2 862300