Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Armed Conflict, Sexual Violence, Force More Than 14,000 People to Flee the Democratic Republic of Congo, CARE reports
- Refugee influx into Uganda worrying, warns CARE International
- Grandi praises Uganda’s ‘model’ treatment of refugees, urges regional leaders to make peace
- Congolese refugees perish as growing numbers seek safety in Uganda
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - January - December 2017
DREAMS is an ambitious partnership to reduce HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.
The goal of DREAMS is to help girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women.
Girls and young women account for 71 percent of new HIV infections among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa.
MOLLY ABBRUZZESE, RITU SHROFF
May 30, 2014
On a hot, dusty day in early May, we had the chance to speak with George Momanyi under a mango tree in Yumbe District in northwest Uganda, not far from the border with South Sudan. George is a volunteer with Strengthening Technical Assistance for Routine Immunization Today (START), a new program being established by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The program is designed to build core capacity at the district level through a focus on mentoring and on-the-job training.
Over 87 percent of Uganda’s 36 million people live in rural areas and are involved in farming, according to the World Bank. Without access to information about modern farming methods and equipment, many struggle to make a living.
Public libraries in developing countries serve as critical information and ICT access points for people in their communities.
October 17, 2013
September 28, 2012