Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Govt to move Ebola screening equipment to Kasese
- Uganda Red Cross takes relief to families affected in the Bududa landslides
- KCCA, WFP form partnership to address food insecurity, rising malnutrition in Kampala
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Rights in exile policy paper: Uganda's refugee policies; the history, the politics, the way forward - October 2018
DREAMS is an ambitious partnership to reduce HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.
The goal of DREAMS is to help girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women.
Girls and young women account for 71 percent of new HIV infections among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa.
MOLLY ABBRUZZESE, RITU SHROFF
May 30, 2014
On a hot, dusty day in early May, we had the chance to speak with George Momanyi under a mango tree in Yumbe District in northwest Uganda, not far from the border with South Sudan. George is a volunteer with Strengthening Technical Assistance for Routine Immunization Today (START), a new program being established by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The program is designed to build core capacity at the district level through a focus on mentoring and on-the-job training.
Over 87 percent of Uganda’s 36 million people live in rural areas and are involved in farming, according to the World Bank. Without access to information about modern farming methods and equipment, many struggle to make a living.
Public libraries in developing countries serve as critical information and ICT access points for people in their communities.
October 17, 2013
September 28, 2012