Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- WHO Director General and Regional Director for Africa laud Uganda on Ebola outbreak operational readiness
- Marked for demolition? Ugandans on pipeline route fear land loss
- Highlights of the Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Uganda: Update #10 (14 August 2018)
- Ebola virus disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo – Operational readiness and preparedness in neighbouring countries - Disease outbreak news, 9 August 2018
- 3 in 4 young adults in Uganda experienced some form of violence during their childhood
KAMPALA (17 April 2018) - The Government of Japan has announced a contribution of US$ 6 million to the United Nations to support refugees and host communities in Uganda over a period of one year from March 2018 to March 2019. The support will go to four UN agencies including; the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), World Food Programme (WFP), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
H.E. Kazuo Minagawa, Ambassador of Japan to Uganda, has today signed the grant contracts totalling 219,724US Dollars, equivalent to over 510M UGX with the representatives of St. Bakhita Girls’ Senior Secondary School and Agency for Sustainable Rural Transformation (AFSRT) at the Embassy of Japan in Kampala.
At the Fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) convened in Yokohama last May, the participants compiled the Yokohama Action Plan that lays out assistant measures to be implemented by countries or organizations.
- The Government of Japan has decided to provide, through the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) grant aid totaling 300 million yen as assistance for underprivileged farmers to the two projects below. Notes on this aid were exchanged on March 14 (Fri) (local time, same day) in Rome between Mr. Yuji Nakamura, Japanese ambassador to Italy, and Mr. James G.
- The Government of Japan has decided to extend "The Grant Assistance for Underprivileged Farmers (2KR)" amounting 147 million yen (approximately 1,370,000 dollars), through the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), for the dissemination of NERICA (New Rice for Africa) and improved rice production systems in the Republic of Uganda. Notes to this effect were exchanged on February 28 (Tue) in Rome between Mr. Yuji Nakamura, Japanese Ambassador to Italy, and Mr. David Harcharik, Deputy Director General of FAO.
- On the 16th of February (Thursday),
the Government of Japan and the United Nations (UN) decided to extend assistance
totalling 9,179,164.86 US dollars (approximately 1,018.89 million yen),
through the Trust Fund for Human Security to the first phase of "The
African Millennium Villages Initiative" that will be implemented by
the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for the duration of two
- On the 31st of October (Monday), the Government of Japan and the United Nations (UN) decided to extend assistance totalling 932,242.21 US dollars (approximately 100.68 million yen), through the Trust Fund for Human Security to a project entitled "Cassava multiplication, distribution and enhanced coordination of agricultural emergency operations in Rwenzori region of Western Uganda" that will be implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).