Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Govt to move Ebola screening equipment to Kasese
- Uganda: UNHCR Logistics as of 19 Oct 2018
- Refugee health report Uganda - September 2018 bulletin
- Uganda Red Cross launches emergency appeal to support Bududa landslide victims
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
KAMPALA - The United Nations World Food Programme thanked the Government of Japan today for a donation of US$4.7 million towards emergency and livelihood programmes in the Karamoja region.
Just over US$3 million will go towards emergency activities in response to drought in the region, and US$1.6 million to the Karamoja Productive Assets Programme.
"This donation will save many lives," said WFP Country Director Stanlake Samkange. "At the same time, it will help to give the people of Karamoja a means to diversify and strengthen their livelihoods.