Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- WHO Director General and Regional Director for Africa laud Uganda on Ebola outbreak operational readiness
- Marked for demolition? Ugandans on pipeline route fear land loss
- Highlights of the Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Uganda: Update #10 (14 August 2018)
- Ebola virus disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo – Operational readiness and preparedness in neighbouring countries - Disease outbreak news, 9 August 2018
- 3 in 4 young adults in Uganda experienced some form of violence during their childhood
KAMPALA - The United Nations World Food Programme thanked the Government of Japan today for a donation of US$4.7 million towards emergency and livelihood programmes in the Karamoja region.
Just over US$3 million will go towards emergency activities in response to drought in the region, and US$1.6 million to the Karamoja Productive Assets Programme.
"This donation will save many lives," said WFP Country Director Stanlake Samkange. "At the same time, it will help to give the people of Karamoja a means to diversify and strengthen their livelihoods.