Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda: Landslides/Mudflow Assessment in Mbale District, Eastern Region (as of 15 October 2018)
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
- Uganda, Bududa - Landslide (Uganda Red Cross Society, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 13 October 2018)
- Uganda: Rwamwanja Refugee Settlement - Kamwenge-Land use and land Cover Map, 2000-2005-2010-2015 (15 March 2018)
The Baptist World Alliance® (BWA) sent an initial sum of US$5,000 to assist victims flooded out in the East African country of Uganda. At least six people have been killed while others remain missing.
A number of Baptist churches in the affected regions are sheltering persons displaced by the disaster, including one that houses more than 360 persons.
On May 1 and 5 heavy rains fell in Kasese District in western Uganda causing flash floods that led to loss of life and destruction of property. Almost 4,000 houses in 57 villages were affected, displacing more than 25,000.