Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
- Uganda: Population Movement
OTTAWA — Canada plays an important role in safeguarding the rights and providing for the well-being of refugees and other displaced people around the world. Today, to mark World Refugee Day, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, announced support to provide innovative technology to help better protect refugees.
OTTAWA — Le Canada joue un rôle important dans la protection des droits et du mieux-être des réfugiés et des autres personnes déplacées partout dans le monde. Aujourd’hui, pour souligner la Journée mondiale des réfugiés, l’honorable Julian Fantino, ministre de la Coopération internationale, a annoncé un soutien pour des technologies novatrices permettant de mieux protéger les réfugiés.
OTTAWA — Canada is providing life-saving assistance to combat a cholera outbreak which could affect more than 900,000 people in Uganda, as well as support to help meet the immediate needs of approximately 6,500 people affected by the flooding in western Uganda, announced the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation.
Ottawa, Ontario - The Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, today announced that Canada will contribute $30 million to the World Food Programme to those affected by the drought in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.
"The drought in these countries has created a critical situation. Canada is responding to the urgent need to assist the World Food Programme to meet the food and nutrition needs in these countries", said Minister Oda.
(2007-20) News Release
Ottawa-The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, expressed concern today for populations currently affected by flooding in East and West Africa, and announced that the Government of Canada is allocating $3 million to assist these communities.
"On behalf of all Canadians, I wish to extend my sympathies to those whose lives have been affected by the flooding," said Minister Bernier.
(2006-11) News Release
Data Source: Food and Agriculture Organisation
Data Sources: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, United Nations Environment Programme, Population Action International
The Goal of the Fund is to contribute to the process to rid the world of the threat of anti-personnel landmines. CIDA's role within the Fund, is to lead in areas of victim assistance and rehabilitation (physical, psychological, social, economic), mine awareness education, mine clearance and in the planning of national programs for mine action.
(99-74) News Release