Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
By Andualem Sisay
African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF) says that the global economic crises could threaten to derail Uganda's national health budgets.
Currently half of Uganda's health budget is funded by the international community.
AFRICANEWS - News and Views on Africa from Africa - Issue 45 - December 1999
NAIROBI - Rising poverty, widespread insecurity and the weakness of medical systems of many African states have brought a fresh response from Red Cross and Red Crescent societies. With millions deprived of adequate services, a review of needs and priorities is underway to produce long term national strategies to improve health care for Africa.
May 28, 1999
Worl Vision, an international relief organisation - in collaboration with Unicef - has produced a 28-page booklet titled Sattered Innocence" which documents the harrowing testimonies of children abducted by rebels in northern Uganda. It is a chilling, soul-searing account of the inhuman treatment meted out to the abducted children - an anguished wail for action.
Held up as an example of what visionary leadership can do to an African country, Uganda now enjoys impeccable credentials in