Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- Uganda: Inter-Agency Operational Update on the DRC Situation #33 (15-21 May 2018)
- OPM-UNHCR Verification Exercise: Update, 18 May 2018
Prime Minister and Acting Foreign Minister Helen Clark today announced that $1.5 million has been allocated to international organisations responding to natural disasters through NZAID (New Zealand's international aid and development agency).
"As a concerned member of the international community it is important that New Zealand supports bodies and agencies that respond to natural disasters and provide humanitarian assistance to those in need," Helen Clark said.
"Today's announcement will see $1 million contributed to the World Food Programme's (WFP) appeal …
New Zealand is to contribute to the international response to severe flooding and landslides in eastern Uganda, Foreign Minister Winston Peters announced today.
"Many thousands of people in eastern Uganda have been affected by severe flooding and landslides after months of heavy rain. Houses, roads, bridges, and food crops have been destroyed or washed away," Mr Peters said.