- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Episcopal Relief & Development is proud to announce the receipt of a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Episcopal Relief and Development is providing emergency assistance to communities affected by severe flooding in Ghana and Uganda. Nearly 17 African countries have been affected by heavy rains which began in early June. Approximately 1.5 million people have been impacted, including more than 680,000 in West Africa alone.
Ghana has been hardest hit by torrential rains which have left close to 275,000 people displaced in the Upper East, Upper West and Northern Regions. In the Upper East Region, over 25 people have died and more than 51,000 are internally displaced.
Episcopal Relief and Development is helping children in the Diocese of Soroti in the Church of Uganda after rebel attacks in the area. Attacks in the Kaberamaido District, including one on a secondary school near Soroti in eastern Uganda, have forced thousands of people to flee. Thousands of children have been kidnapped in the past year. Children are being used as soldiers, laborers, and sexual slaves.