- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Addis Ababa September 25/2014 The Sustainable Intensification of Maize-Legume cropping systems for food security in Eastern and Southern Africa program (SIMLESA) is working to improve farmers' productivity through supplying improved seed.
Improved maize and legumes seed have been released to farmers through the program since 2010, said Mulugetta Mekuria, the Program Coordinator.
The improved maize and legumes seed provides 20 percent and 15 percent respectively higher production per hectare than the seed previously used by farmers.
Statement by the Governments of Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Yemen; the African Union; the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development; the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Somalia; the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa; and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees upon conclusion of Ministerial Meeting of the High Commissioner’s Global Initiative on Somali Refugees in Addis Ababa on 20 August 2014
UGANDA and Ethiopia have set up a joint ministerial commission aimed at supporting the new state of South Sudan, and expanding joint security activities in volatile Somalia.
Signing the agreement establishing commission that was in 2010 agreed on between President Yoweri Museveni and Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi at Speke Resort Munyonyo on Saturday, Ethiopian Deputy Premier and Foreign Affairs Minister Ato Hailemariam Desalegn said there are many mutual benefits from the cooperation.
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Committee on Early Warning and Response (CEWARN) said it is taking measure to address conflicts along the border of member states.
Speaking at the 7th meeting of the Technical committee on Early Warning and Response here on Monday Ethiopian Special Envoy to IGAD ambassador Brook Debebe said the institutional capacity of CEWARN has been strengthening in handling conflict management.
Clashes among pastoralist communities mostly occur because of natural resources mainly pasture and water, he said and added these resources are further …
Addis Ababa, September 19, 2009 (Addis Ababa) The third annual meeting of FAO's Sub-regional office for Eastern Africa (SFE) here on Saturday has deliberated on ways of improving agriculture sector in the region .
SFE began its session with representatives from FAO offices in Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Somalia and Sudan agreeing upon strategic framework for coordinated interventions in the sub region.
Over the last five days, 50 participants have discussed major development issues facing the sub region's agriculture sector and participated in various …