Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Temperature Check: Border Screening of Travelers Key to Stopping Ebola from Spreading
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, August 2018
- OPM-UNHCR Verification Exercise: Update, 14 September 2018
- NGO Call to Action - why the world must support Uganda's new Education Response Plan
DENMARK LAUNCHES EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
by Hara Caracostas
05 Jun 17
Denmark has launched an emergency relief fund, drawing on the Start Fund’s experience, to allow the country’s grassroots organisations to respond to crises around the world. The Danish Emergency Relief Fund (DERF) is also open to funding for smaller NGOs within countries affected by crisis.
Today, the Danish government has presented the draft Finance Act for 2016. In the draft Finance Act, the government plans to focus Danish development cooperation on 14 priority countries.
Poverty must be fought with human rights and economic growth. This is the strong message from the strategy for Denmark’s development cooperation: The Right to a Better Life.
The results of support for democratic development
The Danish support for democratic development in Uganda shows that it is possible to make a positive difference. This is the conclusion in a new publication 'Governance for Development – Five years support to democracy, human rights, justice and peace building in Uganda'.
Kampala, 10 November 2006 - Joint Press Release following the High Level Consultations between Uganda and Denmark on Development Cooperation held on November 9, 2006, in Kampala.