- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Nairobi (The Nation, June 29, 1999) - Correspondent Peter Kamau reports on the insecurity problem that has made the Sudan, Kenya and Ethiopia border point a most volatile region. Easy availability of firearms and drought conditions have often combined to spark vicious battles between the Turkana, the Toposa and the Dongiro communities. However, there is hope that a new peace initiative may succeed where previous ones have failed.
By Victoria Brittain
Nairobi - Ever since President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda referred to child soldiers as 'cannon fodder' upon his ascendancy to power, the conscription of children into the Army has become a controversial issue in the region.
KINSHASA (AANA) March 12 - A "non-violent war" has been declared the Democratic Republic of Congo DRC by a group called Collective 16 February comprising Christian movements. The group has launched an appeal to the warring parties in various parts of the country.
Kampala - The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has registered 188,000 refugees in Uganda, country representative, Johannes Thoolen, has said.