Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Armed Conflict, Sexual Violence, Force More Than 14,000 People to Flee the Democratic Republic of Congo, CARE reports
- Grandi praises Uganda’s ‘model’ treatment of refugees, urges regional leaders to make peace
- Refugee influx into Uganda worrying, warns CARE International
- Congolese refugees perish as growing numbers seek safety in Uganda
- Government of Uganda confirms outbreak of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic and Rift Valley fevers
The history of the Democratic Republic of Congo seems to be recurring: violence and fear again and again. People fleeing again and again. During the past years already, humedica has been providing precious medical help for those people who fled into neighboring Uganda.
Now, the helpers are on-site again, in order to help the refugees in a transitional camp in the west of the country. humedica coordinator Alexandra Vlantos is reporting:
by Gunter Müller/SRA, 2010/12/09
In cooperation with our partner organisation Prison Fellowship International (PFI), humedica is running medical missions in prisons all over the world. In the past doctor teams of humedica were on various missions in prisons for example in Columbia. Our medical team members care for the prisoners, as well as for their families and the prison staff.
Motivated by the Christian guiding principle of love for your fellow persons, Prison Fellowship has the objective of helping prisoners all over the world to reintegrate into society.