Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
Following authorisation by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, a delegation of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ (“the Commission”) undertook a Promotion Mission in the Republic of Uganda from 26 to 30 August 2013, in line with its mandate under Article 45 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (“the African Charter”).
On behalf of the Government and people of the Republic of Uganda as well as the Government delegation present, I wish to thank the esteemed Commission for this opportunity given to us once again to present this periodic report running from the year 2008 to 2010 at this49th Ordinary Session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR).
1. From the outset allow me to thank you once again on behalf of the Government of Uganda and on my own behalf for your tireless efforts to protect human rights on our continent. We as an African people are indebted to you for this much needed and noble task.
2. The Republic of Uganda has the great honour to present to you its periodic report for the years 2006 - 2008 on the Human Rights compliance pursuant to Article 62 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights.