Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has operated for more than two decades in Africa, perpetrating a campaign of terror that has destabilized communities across four countries. They are known for their brutal attacks against civilians, including killing, torture, and mutilation, as well as the widespread abduction of children to increase their ranks.
The ATHA team recorded almost two hours of conversation with this episode's expert commentators -- too much to include in just one episode. Here you can listen to the extended version of our conversation with Eunice Apio, Director, Facilitation for Peace and Development.
Case Study, UNICEF, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, 2015
Population-Based Survey on Peace and Education: Uganda Case Study, conducted by Harvard Humanitarian Initiative in partnership with UNICEF, assesses factors affecting resilience, social cohesion and security as elements of peacebuilding in Uganda, and the interaction of education with those factors.
Community Suffering Unceasing in LRA-affected areas; International Response Remains Insufficient
New Study Reveals Exhaustive Impacts of Violence