Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
27 June 2012 - AGRA President Jane Karuku joined partners in celebrating the launch of the Kenyan African Agricultural Capital Fund (AACF). You can read her full remarks below.
Remarks – AACF launch, Serena Hotel, Nairobi– 27 June 2012 – 8:00-10:30
Ladies and gentleman, I am very pleased to be able to join you today for the Kenyan launch of the African Agricultural Capital Fund (AACF) and I would like to thank Pearl Capital for the invitation to speak to you this morning.
8 June 2012 - By the African Centre for Crop Improvement (ACCI) and the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI)
Africa needs a critical mass of scientists trained in plant breeding, with conventional and molecular expertise to develop resilient and climate-smart varieties needed for food security, sustainability and economic development. These scientists must be committed to working in national breeding programmes in their home countries. The lack of plant breeders with such skills in Africa is well documented.