Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
- Uganda Finalizes Plans to Vaccinate Front-line Health Workers against Ebola
- WHO and Ministry of Health Train health workers on Compassionate use of the Ebola vaccine
- DRC Refugee Influx to Uganda as of 31 October 2018
- East Africa host countries at a crossroads: Are refugees welcome or not?
To improve health of women and girls in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Central America, Grand Challenges Canada and partners launch or scale-up 18 projects, bring Canada's new Feminist International Assistance Policy to life.
Toronto - Grand Challenges Canada today announced 18 projects extending innovative forms of health-related lifelines to some of humanity's most acutely impoverished, neglected and vulnerable women and girls, supported by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
Five projects funded under new "Urban Sanitation Challenge" address dangers of inadequate sanitation worldwide, which disproportionately affect women, girls
Affordable toilets with innovative self-closing trap door minimize odors, insects; contribute to LIXIL's goal of improved sanitation for 100 million people by end of 2020
Six evidence-based projects in developing world to scale-up with Canadian government help;
CDN$4.1 million matched by partners creates total investment of $8.7 million To date: 100,000+ people reached by Grand Challenges Canada’s Global Mental Health program, 10,000+ treated
In trial, Kenya’s traditional healers and community health workers refer 1,600 to clinics, 500 diagnoses result;
Zimbabwe’s low-cost ‘Friendship Bench’ has powerful impact reducing depression