- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
On 29 July 2013 President Kikwete gave a two-week ultimatum to thousands of undocumented migrants in Kagera region to return to their countries of origin or regularize their stay so as to restore security in the region. Kagera Region, with a population of 2.4 million people, is estimated to have over 50,000 undocumented immigrants. This operation was implemented in two phases: (i) voluntary return and (ii) forceful expulsion.
13 July 2012: The United Nations System in Uganda today announced that it has secured 7 million US dollars from the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) to facilitate a humanitarian response to the influx of over 30,000 refugees fleeing fighting in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Every child has the right to be seen and heard - loudly and clearly - in decisions that affect their and their families' wellbeing.
Kampala, 16 June 2008 - Today, on the occasion of the Day of the African Child, the United Nations in Uganda encourages the Government and people of Uganda to promote child participation as a means of shaping a protective environment for the children of today and tomorrow.
The 2008 theme for the Day of the African Child, Child Participation, is particularly apt here in Uganda where - for the first time in a generation - children born in the north are …
The United Nations in Uganda calls on government and other partners to scale up the fight against malaria using known and effective interventions like case management , vector control, surveillance monitoring and evaluation.
The first World Malaria Day is commemorated globally today 25 April 2008 under the theme: 'Malaria - a disease without borders'. In Africa, the slogan: ''United to Combat Malaria' has been added to underscores the urgent need to scale up malaria control interventions.