Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) January 2019 - December 2020
- Nearly 1 million children in West Nile to benefit from better quality health services
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Uganda: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - Updated December 11, 2018
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
La situation sécuritaire dans la zone Kamango reste volatile mais, elle est plus ou moins calme dans celle de Nobili. La zone est contrôlée par le 2ème bataillon du 801ème Régiment des FARDC basée à Mutwanga.
La présence des FARDC dans la zone rassure tant soit peu la population déplacée se trouvant à Nobili mais, celle-ci voudrait voir l’armée loyaliste progresser sur la ligne de front et faciliter leu retour dans leurs villages de provenance.
An emergency response team from Merlin is travelling to eastern Uganda, where more than half a million people have been affected by flooding.
The team aims to establish a series of medical camps to assist some of the estimated 290,000 people made homeless by persistent heavy rains since August. Last week, the Government of Uganda declared a state of emergency and issued an appeal for $43 million in emergency aid.
"With so many people surviving in temporary shelters there is the potential for a public health crisis," explained Paula Sansom, who is heading up the Merlin team.
Beni, Democratic Republic of Congo, 20 June 2003 (Merlin) - Four aid workers from the UK-based medical aid charity Merlin, were today evacuated from Beni, north-west Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), after rebel forces seized a major town just to the south.