Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Community Based Surveillance
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, December, 2018
- Nearly 20,000 children in West Nile to access improved Water, Sanitation and Hygiene services
- Understanding cost-benefit analysis for adaptation options in Uganda
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January 2019 - December 2020
By Ezaruku Draku Franklin and Frank Mugabi
Moyo town was yesterday thrown into chaos as residents demonstrated against the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) attack on farmers in Lefori sub-county on the Uganda-Sudan border on Tuesday.
Hundreds of demonstrators braced the scorching sun to trek the murram road up to the district headquarters, where Moyo sub-county residents joined them.
By Raymond Baguma
THE World Bank has approved $325m (about sh715b) in loans to Uganda to finance the education and energy sectors, as well as post-war recovery in the north, for the next five years.
The funds will be used under the second phase of the Northern Uganda Social Action Fund, the Energy for Rural Transformation and the Universal Post-Primary Education and Training Programme.
The agreements were signed yesterday by finance minister Syda Bbumba and the bank's country manager Kundhavi Kadiresan.
A?total of $100m to NUSAF II will finance job creation, …