Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
April 29 2016: 12 months on from the beginning of a violent political crisis in Burundi, a group of local activists have expanded their project to monitor and respond to conflict. Kevin McCann reports on their work from a recent visit to Bujumbura.
Since protests began a year ago – and especially since an attempted coup nearly unseated President Pierre Nkurunziza in May 2015 – the situation in Burundi has steadily deteriorated.
June 17 2015: Children born of war face social stigmatisation and other problems as they grow up. Virginie Ladisch explores the consequences of this - and how it can be tackled - in Nigeria, Uganda and around the world.
June 20 2014: Ugandan peacebuilder Otim Denis Barnabas looks at recent developments and progress in transitional justice in Uganda.
This year we complete our first decade as a charity. In that time, our peacebuilders, staff and supporters have together created a unique platform for peacebuilding led by local people. We look forward to taking that work and that vital message into the next ten years.