Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- Hundreds line up for start of Ugandan refugee verification
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan January-December 2018
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
For more than 20 years, AstraZeneca has been a major partner in the work of Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) to increase access to medicine for the most vulnerable communities in the world.
Over the next year, we expect AstraZeneca to surpass $25 million in donated medicines to HPIC. AstraZeneca also contributes a major financial gift every year to assure the general funding of HPIC’s healing mission.
AstraZeneca regularly donates anesthetic injections, such as Xylocaine and Diprivan, requested by surgical mission teams.
View a 7-minute video about Lacor Hospital and it's incredible story:
Deep into Africa in a remote corner of Uganda is a hospital that is dear to the hearts of many Quebecers. The Lacor Hospital and the health services it provides for a vulnerable community was kept going for decades by the husband-wife team of Dr. Lucille Teasdale of Montreal and her husband Dr. Piero Corti, both now deceased
A word from the chair
Partnerships form the big picture
Millions of people have been touched by the work that Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) has done in developing nations all over the world in the last twenty years.
Behind the numbers that mark the breadth and the length of this mission to date, are the stories of those whose lives have been eased of the needless suffering by preventable and treatable conditions, and the many partner organizations that ensure those outcomes.