Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
Upon instructions from Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit, the Secretary-General of the Egyptian Fund for Technical Cooperation with Africa offered medicine assistance to the Ugandan Government to deal with the humanitarian disaster caused by the successive landslides in the Bududa region, east Uganda.
The assistance was delivered in a ceremony held at the Egyptian Embassy in Kampala, with the participation of the Ugandan Minister of State for Relief and Disaster Preparedness Musa Ecweru; and was attended by representatives of the local media.
The Ugandan official expressed his …
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation Mohamed Nasreddin Allam said Egypt offered Uganda a $4.5 million grant to dig new water wells.
The Egyptian grant comes in line with directives by President Hosni Mubarak to offer help and support to African countries to set up development projects, especially the Nile Basin countries.
The Minister said the grant will help Uganda construct new dams to collect rain water for home uses and fisheries. The sum will also cover digging 10 new water wells.
A technical committee from water resources ministries of …