Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) January 2019 - December 2020
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
- Uganda stands out in refugees hospitality
- Communication as Aid; Using music and drama to disseminate Ebola prevention messages in Kabarole district, South Western Uganda
‘Strengthening jurisprudence of equality on violence against women’
Judges and magistrates from fourteen Southern and Eastern African Commonwealth countries will meet in Gaborone, Botswana on 26 and 27 March 2012 to discuss strategies to strengthen judicial activism in cases of violence against women.
The meeting forms part of the work mandated by the Commonwealth Plan of Action (PoA) for Gender Equality 2005-2015.
Interim Statement by Dame Billie Miller, Chairperson of the Commonwealth Observer Group
The Commonwealth was invited by the Government of Uganda to observe the 2011 elections, and the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth constituted an Observer Group supported by a staff team from the Secretariat. I am honoured to have been asked to Chair the Group, which has been present in the country since 10 February 2011.