Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Director of Global Communications
June 30, 2011 - Los Angeles, Calif - Severe droughts in the Horn of Africa brought on by consecutive dry rainy seasons, have inflicted wide scale crop failure and food insecurity on already resource-poor communities struggling to survive in the region. International Medical Corps is preparing for an emerging humanitarian crisis in refugee camps in the Somali Region of Ethiopia.
By Stephanie Bowen
Nakivale Refugee Settlement, Mbarra, Uganda - After a morning of meetings with camp officials and our NGO partners, I went to meet with a group of men who are part of an education campaign International Medical Corps is running for combating sexual and gender-based violence. These men had once beaten their wives or raped women and girls. Now they are working with us to educate other men and women in their villages about the problem.
Dear Friend of International Medical Corps,
As International Medical Corps approaches the quarter century milestone of delivering lifesaving emergency programs around the globe, we look back at 2007 with great pride in our achievements: helping millions of people in the 25 countries and regions where we operate to recover from crisis and live healthier, more productive lives.
Yet the challenges to providing health care through training remain significant.