Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Highlights of the Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Uganda: Update #10 (14 August 2018)
- Marked for demolition? Ugandans on pipeline route fear land loss
- WHO Director General and Regional Director for Africa laud Uganda on Ebola outbreak operational readiness
- Ebola virus disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo – Operational readiness and preparedness in neighbouring countries - Disease outbreak news, 9 August 2018
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, July 2018
Civil war has engulfed much of northern Uganda for nearly 20 years bringing violence and insecurity on par with that in Darfur. But peace talks are now underway and many are optimistic that fighting between rebel soldiers and government forces will come to an end.
At the core of the conflict in is the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a rebel group with no discernible goals except to overthrow the current government and install one based on its interpretation of the Ten Commandments.
June 20, 2006 marks the sixth annual World Refugee Day, bringing further attention to refugee crises worldwide, specifically in Darfur and Chad. According to UNHCR, at the start of 2005 there were more than 19 million refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and other 'people of concern' worldwide, a 13 percent increase from the previous year. In Chad and Darfur alone, more than three million refugees rely on humanitarian aid to stay alive.
Melissa Fitzgerald is a film and television actress, recently completing her role as Carol on NBC's "The West Wing." She is currently volunteering with IMC in Northern Uganda. This is her latest email, sent to friends and family, about her experiences there.
We have spent the past few days in the Southwest part of Uganda, away from the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) in the Kyenjojo district, working in a refugee camp called KYAKA II. Most of the over 15,000 resident's of Kyaka II are refugees from the Congo (where there is civil war).