Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Armed Conflict, Sexual Violence, Force More Than 14,000 People to Flee the Democratic Republic of Congo, CARE reports
- Refugee influx into Uganda worrying, warns CARE International
- Grandi praises Uganda’s ‘model’ treatment of refugees, urges regional leaders to make peace
- Congolese refugees perish as growing numbers seek safety in Uganda
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - January - December 2017
TSF at the heart of Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
Pau, January 26th, 2009 - In an effort to support the agencies of the United Nations and non governmental organizations, a team of emergency telecommunications specialists was deployed from Télécoms Sans Frontières (TSF) headquarters in France to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Une équipe de spécialistes en télécommunications d'urgence TSF s'est déployée en République Démocratique du Congo afin de soutenir les Nations Unies et les organisations humanitaires non gouvernementales. L'équipe a rejoint dimanche la ville de Dungu dans la province Orientale, au Nord-Est du Congo, à proximité de la frontière soudanaise.
Le territoire de Dungu est occupé depuis les années 90 par les troupes rebelles ougandaises de la LRA (Lord's Resistance Army).
In an effort to support the agencies of the United Nations and non governmental organizations, a team of emergency telecommunications specialists was deployed from Télécoms Sans Frontières (TSF) headquarters in France to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The team reached the city of Dungu situated near the Sudanese border in the eastern province of this central African country Sunday.
Trapped in a conflict between the Congolese armed forces and the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), the civilian populations of the Dungu territory are increasingly victim to rape, pillage and …
Ishasha (UGANDA), 24 November 2008. Thousand more refugees fleeing combats in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) have crossed the border into Uganda last week. The latest influx brought the total number of refugee arrivals to more than 14,500 since a ceasefire between Nkunda's National Congress for the Defence of the People and government forces broke down in late August.
Many Congolese have fled the combats into Uganda and in the district of Kisoro alone it is estimated there are at least 13,500 refugees. A team has been deployed in the area to run humanitarian calling operations for the victims of the conflict and to respond to the communications needs of the humanitarian community.