Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
LWR partnered with NAMUBUKA Grains Area Cooperative Enterprise (ACE), a registered apex organization, to reach 7,766 smallholders farmers in Uganda. The project aimed to address gender-based constraints that men and women farmers face as well as the broader issues of food insecurity and low income.
Baltimore, July 20, 2009 - Lutheran World Relief is mounting an intense relief effort in East Africa where prolonged drought conditions have caused successive crop failure and depleted livestock herds, leaving many East African households vulnerable to hunger.
"The worsening global food and economic crises have left millions of East Africans extremely vulnerable to hunger," says Alissa Karg, LWR's Deputy Regional Director for Africa.