Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
Baltimore, July 20, 2009 - Lutheran World Relief is mounting an intense relief effort in East Africa where prolonged drought conditions have caused successive crop failure and depleted livestock herds, leaving many East African households vulnerable to hunger.
"The worsening global food and economic crises have left millions of East Africans extremely vulnerable to hunger," says Alissa Karg, LWR's Deputy Regional Director for Africa.
L'adoption de la loi permettrait d'aider les victimes de l'Armée de Résistance du Seigneur
(Washington, DC) - Le nouveau projet de loi présenté devant le Congrès américain et visant un renforcement des efforts pour aider les civils menacés par l'une des insurrections les plus longues et les plus brutales au monde constitue une avancée cruciale pour la politique américaine dans la région, a déclaré aujourd'hui une coalition de vingt-deux associations des droits humains, humanitaires et basées sur la foi.
Si elle venait à être adoptée, la loi relative au désarmement …
(Washington, DC, May 21, 2009) - The introduction of legislation in the US Senate and House of Representatives earlier this week to commit the United States to comprehensive efforts to help civilians threatened by one of the world's longest-running and brutal insurgencies is a crucial step forward for US policy in the region, a coalition of 22 human rights, humanitarian, and faith-based groups said today.
If passed, the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act would require the Obama Administration to develop a regional strategy to protect civilians in …
Baltimore, November 14, 2006 - It is the third largest humanitarian crisis in the world. More than a million displaced people in northern Uganda are waiting hopefully for an announcement of peace. They want attacks to stop, so that they can live without fear. They want to leave the crowded and filthy camps where many of them have been for years.
Baltimore , February 23, 2005 -- The need for relief was undeniable. The need for long-term assistance remains a necessity. The outpouring of compassion from Lutheran World Relief supporters has been unprecedented.
Baltimore, July 23, 2004 -- A Lutheran World Relief project that is improving the livelihoods of hard-pressed farmers in central Uganda has been awarded a $60,000 grant from the McKnight Foundation of Minnesota.
(By Cathie DeGonia, communication coordinator for Stand With Africa.)
Baltimore, October 18, 2000 -- An outbreak of Ebola fever has caused an evacuation of aid workers from northern Uganda, but the Lutheran World Federation is continuing its refugee resettlement work there.