Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan January-December 2018
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
By Jordie Hannum
In a six-week span from August to September – approximately the length of time of baseball’s playoffs – the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) spearheaded efforts to turn an open piece of land in Uganda into the Bidibidi refugee settlement – a settlement the size of the city of Pasadena, California.
Submitted by Meril Cullinan on June 20, 2011
Today is World Refugee Day – a day to honor the nearly 50 million displaced people around the world. We’re proud to support the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) – which works to provide refugee families with food, water, and shelter. And we’re proud of our supporters, who have helped us send more than 1 million nets over the last few years to protect refugees in Africa from malaria.
Supporters join the UN Foundation-led trip to help deliver nets and messages of hope to refugees
Kampala, Uganda (October 27, 2009) - From October 23-30, 2009, the United Nations Foundation's Nothing But Nets, a global, grassroots campaign to prevent malaria in Africa, will travel to refugee camps in Uganda to help distribute anti-malaria bed nets. Nothing But Nets supporters Lynda Commale, Megan Kelley, and David Maestri will join campaign director Adrianna Logalbo on the UN Foundation-led trip to Uganda where they will meet with refugees and representatives from the United Nations …
Councilman Jack Evans proclaims it Nothing But Nets Week in DC; Michelle Fenty recognizes all-star youth supporters
Washington, DC (June 16, 2009) - During a public rally today, co-hosted by the United Nations Foundation and its Nothing But Nets campaign, Councilman Jack Evans officially proclaimed June 13-June 23, 2009 "Nothing But Nets Week" in the District of Columbia. Also at the event, DC's First Lady Mrs.
Washington, DC (April 27, 2009) - United Nations Foundation announced today that, working with the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), it will send over 346,000 life-saving bed nets to refugees in temporary camps in 11 African countries. This effort is building upon the momentum of hundreds of events that have taken place around the country in support of World Malaria Day and the UN Foundation's Nothing But Nets campaign, a global, grassroots initiative to prevent malaria.
The Nothing But Nets campaign has already sent more than 275,000 nets to 27 camps in Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and Sudan.
Supporters are engaging their NETworks to get on the map
Washington, DC - The United Nations Foundation's Nothing But Nets campaign launched a worldwide fundraiser challenge today to raise money to send lifesaving bed nets to refugee camps in Africa, where malaria is the number one killer of refugees. Supporters are holding hundreds of fundraisers across the country in the lead-up to World Malaria Day on April 25, 2009.
Innovative technology deployed to help improve healthcare delivery and save lives
WASHINGTON, DC, GENEVA and LONDON (September 9, 2008) - The United Nations Foundation and Vodafone Foundation's Technology Partnership (Technology Partnership) announced today the expansion of its mobile health (mHealth) program in Africa.