Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
More than 950 students have access to better nutrition thanks to a recent donation of fortified rice-meals to two Salesian programs in Uganda. The donation was made possible through an ongoing partnership between Salesian Missions and Stop Hunger Now, an international relief organization that provides food and life‐saving aid to the world’s most vulnerable.
For 30,000 South Sudanese and Congolese refugees living in refugee camps in Uganda, water is the difference between life and death. And it is scarce. People often must walk for hours to find even a trickle. Thanks to Stop Hunger Now and our partner, Global H2O, the solution is underway! We are delighted to announce that we have received funding commitments to fund eight wells in Uganda.
Thousands of volunteers around the world packaged more than 2.3 million Stop Hunger Now meals during October (World Hunger Action Month). More than 1.4 million meals were packaged on October 14‐16 in honor of World Food Day. Major packaging events were held in the United States, South Africa, Malaysia and Philippines.