Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Press statement on New Confirmed Ebola Case in DRC near Uganda Border
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Schools: National Standards in Uganda
- Temperature Check: Border Screening of Travelers Key to Stopping Ebola from Spreading
27 June 2018: Joint statement by 26 international NGOs in Uganda on the need for urgent action to address gaps in funding for the refugee response.
Feedback and Complaint Mechanisms (FCM) are an essential component of transparent and accountable humanitarian response. Action Against Hunger provides formal feedback channels in the majority of its country programs. To document good practices and lessons learned, a qualitative study was undertaken focused on the FCMs in use by Action Against Hunger in Pakistan and Uganda.
IN 2015, ACTION AGAINST HUNGER’S GLOBAL NETWORK SERVED 14.9 MILLION PEOPLE IN 47 COUNTRIES.
How one man built a thriving fruit tree seedling business with support from Action Against Hunger
Editor's Note: With our thanks to our Uganda mission team for providing this piece.
Lomoe Achilla is a 55-year-old married father and peasant farmer from the Kaabong district of Karamoja, Uganda. In order to stay afloat financially, and not get hit hard by the lean seasons causing food insecurity in his area, he embraced the idea of raising fruit tree seedlings.
Margaret Akello’s Story
Only a few years ago, Margaret Akello lived in a temporary camp for people displaced by conflict in Northern Uganda. Today, she runs a thriving farming business and raises livestock. Photo: ACF-Uganda.
Editor's Note: Duncan Bell, Action Against Hunger's Country Director in Uganda, and our food security and livelihoods team provided the source material for this story.
Simple drip-irrigation project helps farmers conquer the dry season
by Elisabeth Anderson Rapport, November 10, 2015
Editor's Note: Our thanks to the Action Against Hunger team in Uganda for providing the case study that informed this post.