Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
The Dadaab refugee camp in north-eastern Kenya, the biggest in the world, is vastly overstretched due to an influx of people fleeing conflict in the wider Eastern Africa region. The local environment is equally feeling the strain.
Settling huge numbers of refugees for a prolonged period of time has a profound negative impact on the environment. Problems include deforestation, land degradation and pollution of water resources. There is also intense competition between refugees and host communities over natural resources.