Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, June 2018
(Geneva – 29 May 2013) – Non-government organisations, particularly those that advocate on issues of human rights, are facing unprecedented restrictions on access to funding, according to a new report by a UN expert.
On 10 October 2011, the Working Group on the UPR reviewed the human rights record of Uganda, and criticised the Government for the criminalisation of the LGBTI community, the use of the death penalty, and the alleged use of torture by the police. The Ugandan head of delegation Mr Henry Okello-Oryem, Minister of State for International Affairs, stated that the culture and traditions of the country legitimise the existence of provisions criminalising same-sex relations and allowing capital punishment.
Uganda appeared before the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (the Committee) on 13 October 2010 to present its combined 4th to 7th periodic report. The delegation of Uganda was headed by Ms Rukia Isanga Nakadama, Minister of State for Gender and Cultural Affairs and included female delegates from the areas of law, health and social affairs as well as members of parliament. The Committee expressed its grave concerns about the widespread human rights violations faced by disabled, LGBT and elderly women in Uganda.