Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Uganda Launches new Education Response Plan for Africa’s biggest refugee crisis
- Uganda, Bududa - Landslide (Uganda Red Cross Society, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 13 October 2018)
- Bududa: 10 more villages at risk of mudslide disaster
- Uganda prepares to vaccinate against Ebola in case the virus strikes the country
- Uganda: Rwamwanja Refugee Settlement - Kamwenge-Land use and land Cover Map, 2000-2005-2010-2015 (15 March 2018)
Twenty-one years of war, destruction, and the displacement of over 1.5 million people have turned northern Ugandan into a humanitarian disaster. One of the war's principal perpetrators has been the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). To fill its ranks, the LRA has abducted tens of thousands of civilians, many of whom have been forced to maim and kill their victims.
New Population-Based Data on Attitudes about Peace and Justice
This research note presents preliminary population-based data on attitudes about peace and justice in northern Uganda. The note is intended to be descriptive and offers limited interpretation. A complete in-depth report will be released in the near future. The preliminary data is based on partial results of a cross-sectional study conducted in eight districts of northern Uganda from April to June 2007.
Written by the International Center for
and the Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley
KAMPALA, July 25, 2005--Today, the International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) and the Human Rights Center (HRC) at the University of California, Berkeley, released a report urging the national and local authorities of Uganda and the international community to work together to develop an integrated and comprehensive strategy for peace and justice in Northern Uganda.