Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Press statement on rumoured Ebola outbreak in Mubende district
- Child Poverty and Deprivation in Refugee-Hosting Areas: Evidence from Uganda
- Uganda / Africa: Refugee Influx from DRC - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n°. MDRUG040
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - May 2018
- Uganda Red Cross responds to Cholera Outbreak in Kampala, Uganda
Southern Sudan rarely makes headlines, and yet in the areas bordering with DR Congo and Uganda, the humanitarian situation is desperate. 17,000 people have now taken refuge in the town of Yambio after falling victims to brutal violence, looting and killing by the Ugandan Lord's Resistance Army.
The health and nutritional risks for the internally displaced population, particularly children and young people, are extremely high. YMCA Yambio is planning to provide emergency support to 2,500 people taking refuge in three locations in Yambio town: Hai Soudia, Makpandu, and Hai Malekiah.
From October 27 - November 2, Timotheus Kamaboakai, Young Professional at the World Alliance of YMCAs, was part of a delegation of the World Council of Churches to Uganda.