Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
Understanding labour migration in the East African Community
By reviewing existing initiatives, frameworks and commitments in the search of durable solutions in the region, this study conducted by Samuel Hall looks at good practices, challenges and opportunities. The objective is to have a better understanding of the current landscape in order to improve coordination and to inform a learning and capacity development agenda across stakeholders.
Good practices, challenges and opportunities in the search of durable solutions
Samuel Hall East Africa, a consultancy registered in Kenya was commissioned by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in October 2014, to conduct a mid-term review of the second phase of the Great Lakes Civil Society Project (GLP), a regional programme implemented since January 2010 by DRC with funding from the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA).
1.1 Background on the project
Window of opportunity: There has never been a more opportune time to promote education for Somali refugee children and youth. First, the situation of Somali refugees and displaced persons in East Africa in 2015 presents major political, social, and economic risks for refugees, origin and host countries, while compromising Somalia's capacity to progressively rebuild its future.