Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
2 nd meeting of the LLF Impact Committee in Riyadh approves major pipeline of $242.6 million in development projects for 2017
Representatives from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, and the Islamic Development Bank agree on project pipeline to lift poorest OIC countries out of poverty
Projects approved in Tajikistan, Sudan, Djibouti, Niger, Mauritania, Cameroon, Uganda, and Guinea
Leaders Gather in Jeddah for World Malaria Day; Call for Increased Investment to Save Lives & Advance Development Efforts
UN Secretary-General, WBG and IsDBG Presidents, and other Agency Heads Visit Region to Link Peace Efforts with Economic Progress
On the occasion of the 38th Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors held in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, a number of financing agreements have been signed under which the Bank shall participate in financing new development projects in (10) member countries (in addition to the Republic of Kosovo) for a total amount of USD230.9 million , The details are as follows:
1 . The Republic of Tajikistan
Loan for USD10 million, to participate in phase-3 in the Dangara Valley Irrigation Project with the objective of poverty reduction among the population.
According to a recent study by the IDB, the world is expected to witness continued fluctuation in food commodity prices for a few more years to come. The study cautions that the impact of hunger as a result of the global price fluctuations is likely to undermine the development process in its developing and least developed member countries.
JEDDAH, KSA, 17.07.2012 –The 284th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank, which convened at IDB headquarters starting Sunday 16 July, under the chairmanship of Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved more than US$ 1,158 million towards development projects financing for IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries. This is the largest amount of approvals by a single IDB Board meeting since the Bank’s inception in 1975.
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.