- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Vienna, Austria, September 19, 2017. The 160th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved nearly US$250 million of new development funding to benefit developing countries across the globe.
Vienna, Austria, December 11, 2015. Over 24 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 153rd Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amount to nearly US$154m and comprise the following: See complete table
Grant funding totaling US$3.36m was also approved for the following projects/programs:
Vienna, Austria, March 11, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 150th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to US$201m will support the following projects:
Vienna, Austria, February 6, 2015. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has signed new loan agreements totaling over US$140 million to help boost socio-economic development in six partner countries. The agreements were signed by OFID Director-General Mr Suleiman J Al-Herbish and various ministers and other high-ranking officials of the beneficiary countries.
The bulk of the funding will help fund water-related projects aimed at helping strengthen the agriculture and water supply and sanitation sectors in the beneficiary countries.
May 6, 2014, Vienna, Austria. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved a US$500,000 grant in humanitarian aid to help provide food assistance to conflict-affected people from South Sudan, who are fleeing the country to seek refuge in neighboring countries Ethiopia, Kenya, the Sudan and Uganda. The grant will be channelled through the World Food Program (WFP), which is presently transporting supplies to the hardest-hit communities.
Seefeld, Austria, June 15, 2012
OFID Governing Board approves new loans and grants to boost socio-economic development Seefeld, Austria, June 15, 2012. The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 139th Session, has approved 13 loans and grants totaling nearly US$66 million to boost socio-economic development in over 34 partner countries. The loans, which will cover the agriculture, education, energy, transportation and water supply sectors, are as follows: (see the attached PDF)
September 20, 2005, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development today approved a grant of US$1.5 million to co-finance a project jointly developed by the Fund and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The initiative seeks to provide a full spectrum of HIV/AIDS protection, prevention, care and treatment services to refugees in five central African countries and prepare them for repatriation to their home countries.