Appeals & Response Plans
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
The first 2014 issue of the GPS Update features a report from a seminar at PRIO with Betty Bigombe, former chief mediator in the conflict between the Lord's resistance Army (LRA) and the government of Uganda. This issue also features reports from other recent events at PRIO and internationally, including; PRIO Researchers visit to project partner in DR Congo, a PhD course on Gender, Peace and Security organized by PRIO Researchers Inger Skjelsbæk and Torunn L.
By =D8ystein H. Rolandsen (PRIO)
Violence and insecurity threatens peacebuilding in the Southern Sudan and the 2011 referendum on self-determination. The Sudan's interim period which started with the signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) 9 January 2005 is now reaching its final phase but communities in the South still face multiple types of violence stemming from local and regional tensions as well as conflicts at the national and even international level.