Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
IKV Pax Christi's involvement with LRA issues started in 1997, exploring opportunities to contribute to efforts to bring the conflict in Northern Uganda to an end. Various attempts to make contact and start negotiations were undertaken. Finally, in May 2006, under the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar the first meeting with the LRA leadership was realized, which in it's turn resulted in the Juba Peace Process hosted by the Government of South Sudan.
Lord's Resistance Army and Government of Uganda agree on Cessation of Hostilities
Juba,Sudan / Utrecht, the Netherlands, August 26, 2006 - Today, Saturday August 26, 2006 the Government of Uganda and the Lords Resistance Army (LRA) have agreed on an official cessation of hostilities. The Agreement was signed by Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, Minister of Internal Affairs and leader of the delegation of the Government of Uganda and Mr. Martin Ojul, leader of the LRA delegation and officially witnessed by Dr.
Pax Christi Netherlands Peace Movement is mediator
Utrecht, The Netherlands - On 13 May 2006 President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda stated to President Salva Kiir of Southern Sudan that he is willing to negotiate with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) on ending the civil war in Northern Uganda.
Doc: Ref.: AF.01.E.04
Commission on Human Rights