- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
This edition covers the period February - March 2000
A summary of the basic economic and social statistics for the Horn of Africa countries (Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda) with particular reference to the well-being of children.
Compiled from the original UNICEF publication. March 2000
Table 1: Basic indicators
European Union names envoy to help end Ethiopia-Eritrea war: The European Union has named Italian Deputy Foreign Minister Rino Serri as its envoy to help end the border war between Ethiopia and Eritrea. The special representative is mandated to provide full support for the effort of the OAU in finding a peaceful solution to the conflict. (Press Digest, December 30; The Reporter, January 5)
This update covers the period October- November 1999
This update covers the period September- October 1999
WHO Horn of Africa Initiative:
Recognizing the need for regional collaboration to ensure the health and safety of people who live in border areas, in March 1998 health ministers of countries of the Horn of Africa attended a conference on public health where they signed a Protocol of Co-operation enabling "cross-border" control of major health problems.
By James W. Borton, Technical Coordinator, UNDP Emergencies Unit for Ethiopia (EUE)
Armyworm biology and ecology
Update on the Ethiopia-Eritrea conflict
Following nearly two weeks of relative calm on the disputed border between Ethiopia and Eritrea, hopes were again voiced that perhaps there would be a new opportunity for the two sides to reach an agreement regarding the implementation of the OAU peace proposals.
This update covers the period February - March 1999
Update on the Ethiopian-Eritrean Conflict.
This report covers the month of February.