Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda Red Cross expands response as cholera outbreak threatens Congolese refugees
- FAO and the Government of Uganda launch a new surveillance evaluation tool to support government in prevention and control of zoonotic diseases
- Uganda: South Sudan Situation UNHCR Operational Update, March 2018
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - March 2018
- Uganda starts study on Ebola, Marburg and Meningitis
Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women 13 October 2010
The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women has considered the combined fourth through seventh periodic reports of Uganda on how that country implements the provisions of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
4 October 2010
The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women this morning opened its forty-seventh session, hearing a statement from Ibrahim Salama, Director of the Human Rights Treaties Division of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, and adopting its agenda and organization of work for the session. The Committee also heard reports from the Chairperson on various issues, including on the activities of Committee Members between sessions.
In his opening statement, Mr.
Press Release WOM/1163 - 20000125